Miles just melt away in the Mizuno Wave Rider 18.
Since its release in 1998, the Mizuno Wave Rider has been a reliable neutral mileage shoe with a loyal following.
Light and responsive, the Wave Rider 18 features Mizuno's unique U4ic midsole cushioning and is a great choice for those who like a little extra room in the toe box.
Changes from version 17 include a reconfigured flex groove system and reverting to a two-piece up for a more comfortable fit.
- Category: Neutral
- Weight: 255g
- Heel / toe drop: 12mm
- SR Touch - A finer density cushioning compound in the heel absorbs impact stress better than previous technologies.
- U4iC - A lightweight midsole compound delivers effective cushioning through a format that is 30% lighter than the previous AP+ midsole technology.
- Dynamotion Fit - Through extensive research, Mizuno have discovered that traditional footwear distorts in the collar and heel during the gait cycle, resulting in heel slippage and a poor fit. This technology relieves the stress the foot naturally places on footwear, thereby eliminating discomfort for a perfect fit.
- Mizuno Intercool - An innovative, full-length ventilation system delivers outstanding breathability and comfort.
- Mizuno Wave - Provides cushioning by dispersing impact forces across a larger surface area. Stability is afforded by differing constructions of the lateral and medial sections of the outsole, whereby midsole compression is resisted in high pressure areas, namely, the medial side. This dynamic method of managing overpronation is far less intrusive than traditional medial posts.
- AIRmesh - For lightweight breathability that keeps the foot from sweating and over-heating.
- X10 Rubber - Carbon rubber outsole compound offers enhanced durability.
- SmoothRide Flex Controllers - Smoothride components have been added to maximise the energy transition from heel to forefoot, encouraging a smoother step and improved performance.
- Synthetic Overlays - Lend the upper improved strength and conform to the foot for an improved fit.
- Gender specific fit.
- Staff Review
Staff Review N/A