Made for speed, the On Cloudflash is the winner of the ISPO Product of the Year 2017 in the performance category.
On's mantra for their fastest ever shoe is 'deliver everything with nothing' and from top to bottom the Cloudflash delivers on this promise.
The upper is made from an ultra light nano-mesh, supported by a skeletal structure of overlays, to give a barely there feeling while still being durable enough to allow the foot to flex naturally.
Down to the midsole... wait... there is no midsole! On have made a bold move and taken the Speedboard (that usually sits inside the midsole of their other models) and fitted it directly to the upper and the outsole. The thin and flexible Speedboard is made from a highly responsive material called Pebax which essentially acts like a bow, loading on impact, triggering through the foot's transition and releasing into an explosive feeling take-off.
Sitting under the Speedboard are 14 Zero Gravity foam Cloud elements, shaped and ready to take the impact of landing and transform it into forward momentum. At the heel and forefoot the Clouds are topped off with low abrasion rubber pads to provide traction, allowing you to concentrate on reaching the finish line.
Tech Spec of the On Cloudflash:
- Category: Lightweight / racing flat
- Heel / toe drop: 5mm
- Weight: 175g
- Ultra-light nano mesh upper with antimicrobial treatment to help keep the Cloudflash feeling fresh.
- Hybrid sockliner combining lightweight EVA and memory foam for the feelnig of ultimate comfort.
- Race car seat inspired heel cap provides a secure and locked in fit.
- Pebax Speedboard
- Compressed Zero Gravity foam CloudTec outsole.
- Low-abrasion rubber pads on heel and forefoot Cloud pods provide optimal traction.